Forklift and Ladder Accidents are now standard on construction sites these days. The accidents may be familiar but not the consequences, the severe injuries can even cause death. In the case of Forklift, these are very heavy and are not always stable on slippery surfaces, due to which serious workplace injury occurs. Worker’s compensation benefits can be availed for any Forklift and Ladder Accidents. Even the contractors, subcontractors, property owners share the responsibility for the fall.
Forklifts can lead to a lot of Operational dangers that result in serious injuries. Those are as follows:
- Forklift overturning: Most of the Worker’s injury is due to overturning of Forklift, which occurs in most fatal accidents or the worst death. It can be due to external circumstances such as the third parties: like the manufacturer, coworker, or employer, can be responsible for the accident indirectly, for which you can claim in the Judiciary for Compensation.
- Hit when you are a Bystander: Suppose you are hit by a forklift that is operated close to where you were working, you have the right to claim for compensation. It becomes essential to recognize the insurance company’s response.
- Falls: The Forklift operators and passengers are susceptible to injury from falling off from the vehicle. This can be due to increased speed and sharp turns while driving.
While there are various reasons which lead to Ladder accidents but everything results in serious injuries.
If the accident has occurred on a portable ladder, extension ladder, or scaffolding, if you fell from a high place, the results can be severe and can even lead to death. The accidents can be like:
- Sliding or Slipping off the ladder due to unstable or slick surface
- Slipping off the ladder when it is greasy or wet.
- Buckling up on the ladder under excessive weight or strain that is already there on it
- Tipping off the ladder due to uneven or improper use
- Malfunctioning of the Ladder due to age, or not proper maintenance or design issue
- Injury of the other person standing near to ladder, when the ladder falls on him/ her
- Falling off from the ladder, due to collision with a person, equipment or any vehicle
- Electrocution in the metal ladder if any electrical work is going on nearby.
It can cause serious injuries such as back injury, neck, spinal cord injury, head injury, and even death can happen if fell from an elevated height. The more extensive is the injury, it becomes very much essential to hire an experienced Worker’s Comp Lawyer to represent you in the court for your deserved benefits.
Filing a Claim for Work Accident
Usually, there is a misconception that the injured workers are only eligible for Worker’s Compensation. But, under certain circumstances, you are even accessible for personal injury compensation also.
Typically, in Work-related Accidents, you will want to consider all the possible negligence from the employers part. For example, if the Ladder or Forklift is old and out of order and still not being replaced, or any worker less than 18 years working in the company. These things are the violation of federal law and are a very unsafe way to work anywhere.
You can consider that the fault can be in the design of the Forklift also, which is responsible for the injury. The manufacturer can be held liable for the design and unsafe structure as he/ she has sold a faulty product.
Most Common Warehouse Accidents Injuries
Keeping a warehouse entirely safe for the workers should be the priority of the employer, as well as it requires proper safety training and maintenance. But, even if all the safety rules are being followed still, the workers in the warehouse face a significant risk of life every day at work. Below are some most common workplace injuries:
- Forklift Accidents
- Ladder Accidents
- Loading dock accidents
- Being hit by shifting inventories and falling loads.
- Accidental contact with lift trucks or other industrial equipment
- Overexertion while lifting, lowering, carrying, pushing and pulling
- Vehicle accidents
- Slipping, tripping, falls from a wet ladder or floor or uneven surface.
For the Forklift and Ladder accident injury claim, the worst your injuries ultimately, the more the compensation is. You will be eligible for increased compensation in few profoundly injured cases, that too only when your employer or the insurer agrees for it.
A fall from an elevated area can change your life forever. If you are injured in any work-related injury, then it becomes essential that you hire an experienced Worker’s Comp Lawyer on your side who will fight for your benefits.
As you will have to account for all losses of yours and your family incurred due to the injury, you can ask for increased compensation.
However there can be some damages which you can have after the injury has occurred, those are:
- Healthcare costs, now and for the future, if the injury is serious.
- Lost wages while you are not working.
- If the injury is grave you may not be able to work for a few days, then there is a loss of wages in that time too
- Pain and suffering due to wound
- Scars and disfigurement because of the wound
How can you help yourself?
Usually, the Worker’s Compensation system is a no-fault system. It works for the benefit of the workers, but it is just that you have to be alert and take the correct decisions at the right time.
If you are hurt by any Forklift and Ladder related accident, obtaining the compensation for the injury and in the same way supporting your family becomes your priority as your livelihood is already in stake.
It is essential to consult an expert in the field, to help you and guide you in the right direction,
PSLaw is one of the best Law firms in California working just for the Workers and their rights. We deal with all the worker-related issues and help you get what you deserve.
At PSLaw, we check every case minutely and advice the best to our clients. If you are also facing similar kind of issues, do call or email us today.
To make it easy for you, we are present in every prime city of the State of California. We are present in Prime locations such as Riverside, Corona, Hemet, Temecula, Moreno Valley, San Bernardino, Palm Springs. Our Prime office is in Riverside, you can visit us in Business hours, and we will be happy to help you.
We reply to every call and mail immediately. Our every client is answered by an expert Attorney who works only for the Laborers and their rights.