- The value of your work comp claim is dependent upon the nature and extent of your injuries and what the level of permanent disability is that you are left with after the treating doctors and medical examiners determine what percentage of Whole Person Impairment you are left with.
- Each individual body part is rated separately. If you suffer a back injury for example, your cervical spine which is your neck is rated separately from your Mid Back ( thoracic spine ) which is rated separately from your Lumbar Spine which is your low back.
- Various measurement are taken by your orthopedic surgeon to determine many factors including loss of range of motion, pain levels, and impact on your activities of daily living.
- The doctors will also determine the need for future medical treatment and opinions for what particular types of treatment will or may be required in the future.
- All of these factors are calculated by the insurance company and by your lawyer and negotiations begin.
- There is a permanent disability rating schedule that both sides use ( the money chart ) every percent of permanent disability (PD) has a value.. the more disabled you are the higher the money chart value.
- Once the value of your permanent disability is determined by the chart, then the real battle begins as to
arriving at a fair value of your future medical care begins.
- If you are still working for the employer and intend to continue working for them, you will most likely be required to leave your future medical open and receive the value of your permanent Disabilty in bi-weekly payments which are currently $580 every 2 weeks.
How Much is My Workers Compensation Claim Worth?
RECENT BLOG UPDATES
DEATH BENEFITS FOR LYFT DRIVERS
RIVERSIDE LAWYERS TO OBTAIN DEATH BENEFITS FOR LYFT DRIVERS The death of a breadwinner or other earning member of a family can leave the family grief-stricken and either impoverished or struggling. The River
WORKERS’ COMPENSATION HEARINGS FOR LYFT DRIVERS
RIVERSIDE LAWYERS HELPING INJURED EMPLOYEES Being a Lyft driver who was injured on the job, you may be anxious that you have no recourse. You may have signed a contract describing your independent contractor